« back to results
Senior Piping Designer(s) (Process, Mechanical) (REF: 050101U)
|Location: New York, USA
||Date Posted: 01/05/2013
||Days Remaining: -512
Senior Piping Designer(s) (Process or Mechanical)
A number of opportunities currently exist for Senior Piping Designers with Mechanical and or Process Piping experience to work for a Semiconductor Client in New York.
Suitable Candidates will be responsible for surveying ‘as built conditions’ within the Tec Sub Fab Technical areas and ensuring that these conditions are accurately drafted and developed by a team of CAD Design Engineers. Typical services would include High purity Piping systems, Chemical and exhaust ducting, specialty gas distribution systems etc.
As a Piping Design Lead the each suitable candidate will have overall management responsibility to ensure that ‘as built’ P&IDs’ and Schematics for existing conditions are achieved and documented correctly for our Semiconductor Client in a timely manner. The contract is for a minimum of 6 months and candidates will engage as part of a site based design team.
The Piping Designer will have direct responsibility to execute surveys of services and ensure that all surveys are provided to CAD designers for drafting. As the Piping Design lead, you will also be responsible to ensure that the quality and integrity of site surveys are maintained to the highest level and will be required to approve all drafting work.
The Piping Design Lead will report progress on a weekly basis through our DPS Offices in Framingham but will liaise and work directly with our Client to achieve their deliverables on a daily basis.
Qualifications & Experience
- Prefered Candidates will have previous experience working in a Semiconductor fabrication facility, however although desirable and seen as a distinct advantage this experience is not compulsory.
- Alternative experience working within either Chemical or Pharmaceutical facilities will also be considered
- Relevant Third level Associate Degree in a recognized and related Discipline
- 8-10 years’ experience of Piping or Mechanical Design - supporting one or more Semiconductor Chemical Pharmaceutical Clients.
- High level of Process Piping and or MEP experience (Mechanical Electrical, Plumbing) using AutoCAD or Autodesk products is essential.
- Ability to manage a team of CAD designers and communicate requirements effectively.
- Ability to integrate as part of a team to meet the Client Deliverables.
- Proven experience with progress reporting at all management levels.
- Flexible to work long hours above and beyond 45+ if required by the Client.
- Weekend work may be required
DPS Biometics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. DPS does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Recruitment Agencies: Please do not reply to this job advert.
|Minimum Years of Experience:
|Minimum Level of Education:
||Associate Degree in a recognized and related discipline
|Type of Employment: